DOLE-ARMM BEGINS SUMMER JOB PROGRAM

March 17, 2014

 

The Department of Labor and Employment -  ARMM has targeted around 2,543 students to benefit  under the flagship Special Program of Students (SPES) for its implementation this summer of 2014.


Under the Program, the DOLE-ARMM will allocate a total of Php 6.3 million that will cover for thesalaries and benefits of the student-employees.


The SPES, as mandated under republic act. No. 9457 is implemented to assist poor but deserving students and out-of-school youths intending to pursue their education by encouraging their employment during Summer and/or Christmas Vacations. Under the said program, the department will provide for the 40% of the salaries of the beneficiaries based on the prevailing minimum wage rate in the region fixed and issued by DOLE/RTWPB-ARMM while the remaining 60% will be shouldered by the sponsoring companies, offices and establishments. As provided under wage order No. ARMM-15, which took effect on February 1, 2014, the minimum wage rate is pegged at Php 250.00/day.


This year, DOLE-ARMM Regional Secretary Muslimin A. Jakilan informed that each province namely:  Lanao del Sur, Maguindanao, Basilan, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi will be allocated 450 beneficiaries equally while the remaining 293 students be enlisted by the Regional Office for a total of 2,543 students.


Accordingly, the Department has adopted a strategy that even the students residing in the farthest barangay of the farthest municipality in each province will get an equal opportunity to avail of the program as committed by Regional Secretary Jakilan.


Secretary Jakilan has already instructed the DOLE-ARMM Regional and its Provincial Offices to start accepting qualified high school, college or vocational students or out-of-school youths and interested employers when  it opens the registration period on February  26 until March 25, 2014 based on the following requirements, to wit:

 

  1. Duly filled-up Application Form in 3 copies with contact number
  2. Latest 2X2  ID Pictures (3 copies)
  3. Birth Certificate/NCMF Certification
  4. Latest Income Tax Return of Parents of Barangay Certification that family income does not exceed Php85,000.00 per annum
  5. Barangay Clearance as resident
  6. Report Card (Grade Slip)  of last or current school year with all passing grade
  7. Certification of Good Moral Character from School
  8. Parents’ consent for applicants aging from 15-18 years old

In addition, the following guidelines have  been issued for proper evaluation and determination of the qualified applicants:


*Applicants are required to show original documents;
*Age requirements is 15-25 years old;
*Only applicants with complete, correct and authenticated documents  will be entertained.
*As programmed, the employment period of the student-employees will start on April 14 to May 16, 2014 or for a total of 25 working days.

 

 

 

2012 Census of Philippine Business and Industry Batas Kasambahay Public Financial Management Logo Transparency Seal DOLE Citizen's Charter